Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.Susan Gale
Wow! It seems insane that it’s been so long since I posted, and I’ve not much to say other than, “really, more than a whole week since the last post?”. Yeah, that sounds lame I know. And trust me it is! I’ve shared before that things get busy, and it’s a wonder we get what we get done in a day, but the truth is, no matter how busy, everything can get done if we really want it to. It just depends on what we actually really want. I’ve had a few posts & photos locked and loaded for over a week and just ready to be written, but, I just couldn’t do it. I could go on about all the things that have been happening, but the truth is just this: I’m going through some pretty major (and crazy exciting) stuff. In fact, it seems folks all around me are too and I am not the only one these days who is being called on to do some serious work to find out just what we really want out of life. It could just be me and the folks I know, but is anyone out there experiencing the excitement and pressures of growth and expansion?
Simply put, it’s really, really fun. But also on the mentally draining side and I have found in the past week or so that I just don’t quite have the energy to put it all into words, not yet. Not right now. So while I sift through my emotions and sort through the present and past to find out just who I really am, here are a few fun links I think you might all get a kick out of!
- Kristy @ Keepin’ It Kind is hosting a holiday cookie exchange, which kicks off this Friday, so for anyone looking for creative vegan cookie recipes from all over the vegan blogging community, stay tuned as the party starts November 29th!
- Katie from A Fork In Hand is undergoing her first fast this week, inspired by Not So Fast, and her beautiful post is a must read for all our American friends as they head into the Thanksgiving weekend and the whole Black Friday shopping frenzy.
- Vancouver’s first Kale Drive is this Sunday, December 1st, and all you readers from other parts of the world, check it out! YOU could even host a kale drive of your own 🙂 Visit the NSF site for more info!
As for this recipe, it’s become a serious household staple here at Chez McD, and whether you are vegan or not, I am so excited to provide a way to eliminate even some dairy from your diet and replace it with nutritious raw nuts & vibrant fresh herbs. You really cannot go wrong with herb combos here, and the results are always fantastic! This recipe will keep well in the fridge for some time and it goes well with anything and everything!! In sandwiches, as part of a rainbow bowl, or as a dip for veggies or quesadillas. Either way you cut it, it will taste amazing, and you will feel great. No matter what’s going on in your life, one should always have a good sauce. So today, I’ve got the perfect solution!
Versatile Vegan Nut & Fresh Herb Sauce:
- (3/4) cup raw macadamia or cashews
- (3/4) cup water
- (2) tbsp olive oil
- (1) bunch fresh herbs, or a mix (basil & cilantro are amazing)
- (1/2) bunch fresh parsley
- (1) tsp salt
- (1/3) cup fresh lemon juice
- Optional: fresh garlic, green onions, or a fresh jalapeno
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy dreamy! If you desire more of a salad dressing consistency, you can easily add more water & oil to make it a little more watery, however, you may also dilute some of the salt & lemon, just play with it!
This is the very best way to create a delicious condiment that will perk up any meal, while ensuring those precious fine herbs in your fridge don’t go to waste. Easy, simple, good. Enjoy on noodles too. You won’t regret it, I promise 🙂