A nice Sunday spent in the kitchen…
The Versatile Blogger award – a nice little shout out and a chance to talk about your favorite blogs!
(I really love awards, this is pretty fun – thanks to those who shared the love!).
Truthfully, I owe a shout-out to 3 bloggers who have so kindly nominated this blog for the Versatile Blogger award – it is now time I bestow the honor back or onward to others! For those about to be nominated, here are the rules:
The rules for the award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that you enjoy.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated!
So here I go..ready?
- Cognitive Dimension (in and out of your mind)
- Slotheatz (super positive high energy and fresh healthy awesomeness)(I would nominate her but alas she’s already been, but do check her out!)
- The Veggie Nook (totally super positive and healthy outlook on vegan food)(ditto same as slotheatz above)
And here I go with my 7 things..
- I live and work in beautiful Vancouver, BC, surrounded by majestic mountains and endless water.
- I don’t swim or ski despite the above (insert irony here).
- I am mother to two daughters. Thankfully only one of them is a lot like me (hehe).
- I am a runner (and occasional gym rat) but have also enjoyed stints with yoga, most notably Bikram’s. I get super grumpy without fresh air!
- I am a lifelong vegetarian (and I married someone who isn’t), but have always been drawn to raw foods and dairy free living (I just feel better). I like simple food made with few quality ingredients, and I love making and preparing food for others.
- IPOM was started so I could connect, share recipes, write, and generally have fun with food with a ‘less is more’ approach. Y’all are not disappointing (insert big thumbs up here) – and thanks for all the support so far!
- I started a non-profit organization called Not So Fast which aims at providing hunger relief through the premise of ‘going without so others don’t have to’. I make a conscious effort to take part once weekly by abstaining from something and donating a small amount of money to feed the hungry.
How was that? Okay here’s the good part..
15 bloggers I enjoy visiting often or have just discovered (and am excited about) are:
- Spaark – art inspiration from Whistler, BC, (also my best friend)
- While Chasing Kids – gorgeous, homemade, rustic food photographed splendidly!
- Just Homemade – inspiring, authentic Indian food, need I say more?
- An Unrefined Vegan – stylishly put together, super awesome vegan stuff – love it!
- Marina Chetner – wonderful travel photography from Brooklyn and elsewhere. Great insider looks into some cool parts of the world, most notably New York. My Favorite
- Cooking Spree – lovely homey foods photographed beautifully. I am a sucker for elegant simplicity, and this site delivers!
- Handmake My Life – super quirky and personal looks at crafting and links to DIY inspiration. Great style I really enjoy.
- Stay Flexi With Lexi – a super look into how to live a flexitarian lifestyle, with Alexa and her juice!
- This Sydney Life – Wonderful quirk and style are 2 of my favorite qualities, and this Sydney, Australia blog offers lots! Fun to make friends from across the world!
- Frugal Feeding – already a popular blog, I still have to mention that I love what this blog is all about: living well on littl(er) means.
- Vegetarian Epicurian – lovely vegetarian recipes featured by a fellow kale lover!
- she cooks, she gardens – inspired, clean eating lifestyle – lovely! I love all references to gardens..
- People, Places, and Bling – a look at how to shop (with savvy too!) and live like a local in Paris. Sign me up!
- Emmy Cooks – cooking in Seattle – she raises children, chickens, “and–occasionally–a ruckus”! Great!
- The Plum Palate – regional food simply and expertly prepared – love this concept!
Here are a few more: the already nominated and ever entertaining slotheatz and the veggie nook, Anna at The Guiltless Life (a fellow Vancouverite and inspiring blogger!), Fork and Beans, (Just a Litte Joy) – I fell in love at the name, never mind the lovely design and lastly, for inspiration krista and jess & shebicycles – the most newly discovered via Freshly Pressed!
I am sure I just broke a few rules there as there are still a lot of names I want to put down….there are just so many fantastic and enthusiastic bloggers out there!
“It is better to travel well than to arrive”
~ Buddha (recently snatched from the Home page of shebicycles)
So there we have it (I hope you guys are still with me) – I am now looking forward to next week..the next post (I promise) to feature the ridiculous kale pesto I keep talking about (I promise it exists).
Here is a little piece I like to call ‘a little fun with iphones’ – by none other than the ever creative young one in this house.
Thanks again to those who nominated IPOM, you guys are awesome! I am off now to enjoy the remaining hours of the weekend.
How did you enjoy your weekend?
We spent a fair bit of time dancing, as you can see.
Yours in Less,